COMPANY BOLSTERS MARKET POSITION WITH HIGH AUDIENCE NUMBERS, NEW PROGRAMMING AND STRONG REVENUE GROWTH
San Francisco, CA – November 10, 2008 – Revision3, the TV network for the Internet generation, today announced impressive growth for 2008. With revenue tripling in the past year, viewership growing to 140 million minutes of engagement monthly and more than 60 advertising partners, Revision3 enjoys strong momentum and increased market penetration as the company moves into 2009.
“Despite today’s tumultuous economic climate, Revision3 is making huge strides, dramatically increasing both viewership and revenue,” said Jim Louderback, CEO, Revision3. “Like everyone else, we’re being cautious in how we approach 2009, but we anticipate continued growth over the coming months.”
Revision3 2008 highlights include:
- Increased content distribution: Revision3 has signed more than 40 new deals with content providers over the past year, including Hulu, YouTube, MySpace and Yahoo.
- Higher audience percentages: With reach doubling in 2008, Revision3 maintains a strong connection with the male, age 18-34 audience. Revision3 continues to grow a passionate fan base that is committed to its professionally produced, edgy and smart programming.
- Advertising Effectiveness: Revision3 delivers the most effective advertising products in the industry, with 99.9 percent audience sponsor recall. In addition, 48 percent of Revision3’s audience has purchased a product or service from one of the company’s sponsors.
- Strong programming lineup: The network continues to produce hit shows, including Diggnation, The Totally Rad Show, Tekzilla and more—with more than six million show views and 140 million minutes of engagement each month.
- Success in the vertical markets: Revision3 has seen tremendous success in helping vertical markets reach the elusive 18-34 year old male market, including beverages, government, financial, airlines and more.
- Key advertising partnerships: Revision3 has developed strategic partnerships with Air Force, EA, Sony, Anheuser-Busch, Dolby, Virgin America, Go Daddy, Zune, Dr. Pepper, Carmex, Adobe, Microsoft and Axe.
Revision3 is the first media company that gets it. Born from the Internet, Revision3 is the home of Internet Television, creating and producing shows for a new audience: passionate, committed fans who want to watch shows about technology, modern culture and music that entertain, educate and help to expand their life experiences.
The company was founded in 2005 by technology visionaries Kevin Rose, Jay Adelson and David Prager because they couldn’t find anything they wanted to watch on traditional television. The company is now led by Internet TV pioneer Jim Louderback. With more than 60 million views to date (and six million per month), Revision3’s programs can be found everywhere from Revision3 to a wide range of platforms, including iTunes, YouTube, Joost, Hulu, Viddler, Blip.TV and TIVO. Shows can be watched on any device, from a cell phone to an Apple iPod to a computer or a TV.
Contact: Shawna Seldon, 212 255 7541 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: pressThis entry was posted on Monday, November 10th, 2008 at 6:22 am and is filed under Press Releases. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.