Network Added Top YouTube Talent in 2011 including Epic Meal Time and The Philip DeFranco Show
Increases Viewership in 2011 by 359% to Nearly 800 Million
Increases Revenue 53% Year-Over-Year
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 26, 2012 — Revision3, the leading Internet Television network and the number one source for original technology, gaming, news and entertainment video content, today announced its growth results for 2011. The company grew its revenue 53% year-over-year. Total views across the network increased nearly 359% with close to 800 million worldwide views for the year. The company also increased its YouTube subscriber base by more than 4x, ending the year with nearly 4.5 million YouTube subscribers across all shows.
Additionally, Revision3 started off 2012 with a bang, by delivering more than 9 million views in one week from its groundbreaking coverage of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). At CES, Revision3 produced nearly 230 individual pieces of video across nine different shows and channels.
The company also continued its strong tradition of technology leadership by being the first to deploy a 100% HTML5 player across its entire platform, and by extending its app strategy to even more phones, tablets and smart TVs. Revision3’s Android app provides a particularly sterling example of the company’s vision, as it is among the first single video app that works seamlessly across Android phones, tablets and GoogleTV.
Revision3 continues to successfully bring major brands into the web-original video market, through a combination of in-show sponsorships and high CPM pre-rolls. To that end, the company’s average deal size increased by more than 80% year-over-year. Major advertisers currently include Ford, Doritos, EA, Verizon, Sony, T-Mobile, Citrix, Gamestop, HTC, About.Me and Samsung.
“We had another amazing year in 2011, and are looking forward to a strong 2012 with our content available anywhere and everywhere,” said Revision3 CEO Jim Louderback, “By working with incredibly talented content creators, we have been building a stable of shows that deliver audience numbers as big, or bigger, than most cable shows. And as we look at the web video space, we continue to be the only company that monetizes web-original video at or above traditional television rates, with a current average yield per view of more than $30.”
2011 Milestones include:
Company Performance/Business Strategy
– Increased revenue 53% year over year and viewership 359%. Average yield per view is above $30.
– Brought on new board members Roy Bahat, CEO of IGN, and Anthony Soohoo, former SVP and GM, Entertainment at CBS Interactive
– Rolled out an innovative, proprietary, cloud-based end-to-end publishing, encoding and distribution platform
– Launched a strong lineup of more than a dozen new shows and hosts, including popular YouTube shows: Epic Meal Time, The Philip DeFranco Show, Film State, Soldier Knows Best, TechnoBuffalo, Ty’s iHelp and Nixie Pixel
– Created new in-house shows including Ask Jay, Toasted Donut and New Challenger
– Launched a successful partnership to promote and distribute Epic Meal Time branded bacon products
– Increased average deal size 80%, year-over-year
Mobile, Tablet and Over The Top
– Launched a new iOS application and an Android application that runs on everything from Smart Phones to Tablets to GoogleTV 2.0- Launched a complete Revision3 application for the Kindle Fire platform
– Launched new applications on Roku, Windows Media Center, GoogleTV 2.0, Yahoo Connected TVs, and a half dozen more smart TVs including Toshiba, LG and Sony
– Saw a 75% increase in “Lean Back” and mobile viewing in 2011
– In Q4, Revision3 launched an industry first: a full-featured HTML5 video player to extend the Revision3 experience to more devices and browsers than before, including Flashless devices such as iPhone and iPad
– Began an R&D program into analyzing viewer behavior and trends in the IPTV market space, with results publicly shared at http://revision3.com/iptv-research
– Revision3 shows are currently available on devices including Roku, Boxee, Zune, Tivo, Yahoo’s Connected TV Platform, Google TV, plus apps on Android, Blackberry and iPhone, along with tablets and other hand held platforms
– Content available online at Revision3, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, AOL, Yahoo!, iTunes, Rovi, Divx, Dish online, Clearleap, DailyMotion, Clicker, Metacafe, and Twonky, as well as “in the air” on Virgin America’s award winning in-flight Entertainment platform
Revision3 plans to continue its strong momentum into 2012 with growth in programming, advertisers, distribution partners and technology innovation.